- 4 ounces linguine pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, sliced into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
A movie, cleaning, and delicious food
Tuesdays are usually pretty cut and dry for me. I did get woke up in the middle of the night to my daughter screaming. When I ran to her aid she tells me she had a bad dream. What was her bad dream about? She says she dreamed her bible study (Awanas) was over! Yes you got that right I am sure you can imagine how not amused I was when she said that. If my nightmares were that tame I would never loss sleep.
Other than class, and taking p to therapy, I have been working on cleaning. I find try to declutter to be one of the hardest jobs there is. I know I have TONS of junk that I need to just toss, but I keep thinking what if?!?!?! UGH! So working on it I have decided to create 3 bins; donations, recycling, and trash. So after about an hour I got a ton of stuff cleared away from the basement family room.
Last night I did watch a really good movie, well at least I thought it was really good anyhow. I have Netflix so I frequently watch different kinds of movies. This one was Diario de una ninfómana (Diary of a Nymphomaniac). It was a French woman that lived in Spain and since there was so much Spanish I had to mostly read the subtitles. It did make me smile that when she did speak in French I understood at least half of it without reading the subtitles.
Tonight I made one of my favorite new recipes:
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguini pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
2. Meanwhile, place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl, and toss to coat.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken in butter until no longer pink and juices run clear, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add green and red bell peppers, sliced mushrooms and green onions; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat, and stir in heavy cream. Season the sauce with basil, lemon pepper, salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper, and heat through.
4. In a large bowl, toss linguini with sauce. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.